Instructions on How To Utilize This Blog.

I have recieved some requests to instruct on how to use this blog. First, I encourage you to join as a "Follower". Click on "follow" in the right side panel and add the information that is prompted. This will prompt an email to you when I add new posts.
Secondly, as you are reading the posts there are many links that lead you to additional articles, resources, and inspirational music and entertainment. To most enjoy your experience here use your back arrow after going onto a link. This will bring you right back to us. If you click on the "X" it will close you out and you will have to re-open MOTM. I have been figuring this out for myself also.

There are also video clips in the right side panel. These will open directly in the blog itself. So you may enjoy the music while continuing to read.

There is a comment link just below all of the posts. I encourage you to feel free to comment or initiate conversation. I will appreciate all of your wisdom and support if you find a topic close to your heart.

So far...I thank you for your questions and I hope you have an uplifting experience every time you visit Moms On The Mend.

God Bless. MOTM

About Me

My photo
Hello. I am really excited about this new adventure. The world can be a difficult place at times. Although it is pretty great to know that we all struggle and that we are not alone on our journey. I am hoping that this blog can be a help and inspiration to all the women out there who have. well, made some decisions in our lives that may have not turned out the way we expected. I hope to share my experience and the miracles that have taken place in my life that have and are turning my life around. I woke up one night with "Moms On The Mend" on my heart. I am not sure where this will go but, I have a burning desire to see hearts mended in those women who may have experienced or may be experiencing life's most difficult challenges. Ultimately, to obtain the ability to rise above and overcome!! Join us and find a fresh renewal in the life our heavenly Father intends for you!! Today is your day of blessing and healing. This is a day for rejoicing and claiming FREEDOM and a FEARLESS future.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Being Still

You know sometimes we need to do nothing. In the word it says "Be still". Does your mind ever begin to race from thought to thought until you feel completely overwhelmed? All of a sudden all of your mountains appear so intense that you feel like there is no way out. God has a plan. He says "Be still and know that I am God." We are not able to control everything and everyone around you. When life starts falling apart our first inclination is to start grabbing for answers.....Why? Why? Why? The answers do not come fast enough so we start grabbing onto everything around us for dear life for fear of losing it. Our insight becomes unclear and our thoughts become our own enemy as they repeat over and over in your mind. Then ultimately we begin to lose ourselves in the deep painful anguish of the life we have known and confusion of the new life you are being offered. Then one day everything you knew of is gone...... You know deep inside you are in a better place although you realize you do not even know who you are after your loss. Your life revolved around the chaos and the disrupted structure. Now it is silent and you have to face yourself and you can no longer hide behind the pretty picture you painted for so long to disguise your painful circumstances. God says to you "Be still...Rest..." and you do not know how..... You cry yourself to sleep every night and you fight inside to understand..Why? God...if you love me...why? Why my babies? God says "Be still...." Silence for months. You are angry...you feel like God does not hear your cries. You question if He exists. You wonder if you will ever have purpose again. Silence......... Be still....... and know that I am God! Faith! Believe! Months after months, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, and one day the breaking point comes and you can get out of bed and get dressed. "Be still and know that I am God." He is your healer your redeemer and He will never abandon you. When the thoughts get crazy and the mountains look too high to climb...sit back, close your eyes, and instead of reacting... "do nothing". Moments later wisdom and clarity will slowly appear and your thoughts calm. He is a God of "Grace" not "dis grace".

Keep your eyes on Him and your answers will come...... Really!! they do come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB-yX5p0p4I&feature=related

No comments: