Instructions on How To Utilize This Blog.

I have recieved some requests to instruct on how to use this blog. First, I encourage you to join as a "Follower". Click on "follow" in the right side panel and add the information that is prompted. This will prompt an email to you when I add new posts.
Secondly, as you are reading the posts there are many links that lead you to additional articles, resources, and inspirational music and entertainment. To most enjoy your experience here use your back arrow after going onto a link. This will bring you right back to us. If you click on the "X" it will close you out and you will have to re-open MOTM. I have been figuring this out for myself also.

There are also video clips in the right side panel. These will open directly in the blog itself. So you may enjoy the music while continuing to read.

There is a comment link just below all of the posts. I encourage you to feel free to comment or initiate conversation. I will appreciate all of your wisdom and support if you find a topic close to your heart.

So far...I thank you for your questions and I hope you have an uplifting experience every time you visit Moms On The Mend.

God Bless. MOTM

About Me

My photo
Hello. I am really excited about this new adventure. The world can be a difficult place at times. Although it is pretty great to know that we all struggle and that we are not alone on our journey. I am hoping that this blog can be a help and inspiration to all the women out there who have. well, made some decisions in our lives that may have not turned out the way we expected. I hope to share my experience and the miracles that have taken place in my life that have and are turning my life around. I woke up one night with "Moms On The Mend" on my heart. I am not sure where this will go but, I have a burning desire to see hearts mended in those women who may have experienced or may be experiencing life's most difficult challenges. Ultimately, to obtain the ability to rise above and overcome!! Join us and find a fresh renewal in the life our heavenly Father intends for you!! Today is your day of blessing and healing. This is a day for rejoicing and claiming FREEDOM and a FEARLESS future.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Am I Supposed to Be in a Good Mood Everyday?

It is absolutely "true love" when a person gives of themselves even when you are not able.  We all struggle when we pray and pray and pray and God says "not yet or no".  How do you handle this?  What happens to your attitude?  Are you able to maintain a pleasant state of mind or do you fall apart and have a complete melt down? 

Hm?  Melt down?  Oh I bet this topic brings at least one or two memory joggers of where you have had one or witnessed one.   Why is it after that amazing flood of emotion things appear to not seem so bad.  Although, depending on the size of the melt down you may be regretting your reaction or at least thinking it over.   Sometimes our mood and feelings get in the way of managing our attitude. 

Our Lord has a great sense of humor!  About 13 years ago shortly after my first son was born I remember clearly a test from the Lord regarding my attitude.  I had taken my newborn baby son with me to the store.  It was like yesterday as I remembered parking as close to the store as I could.  It was evening time and as a new mom I was nervous having this precious little life out at the store in the evening.   So we hurried through the store and picked up a few groceries and scurried back out to the car.  When I arrived at the car there was a large over sized pick up that had parked me in.  My first inclination was to march into the store right to the customer service desk and have them announce over the loud speaker that "a very inconsiderate person with a very large truck has parked me in and tell them to MOVE IT!"  When I say large truck I mean it... it had an extra, extra cab with a long bed.  Well, as I had finished putting the groceries in the trunk a still small voice said "trust me".  I laughed and remember very well mumbling under my breath "what ever.... when I close this trunk if that truck is not gone I am marching in the store and I am not going to be pleasant".  Immediately as I closed the trunk.... a very kind gentleman stepped around the back side of the pick up truck. He stated "I am so sorry mam... I will move my truck for you right away.".  Boy!! I said to myself God has a great sense of humor and I almost embarrassed myself.  I will never forget it.  I was given a choice how to react and a choice of what kind of attitude to have.  I was about to make two bad decisions and God showed me His loving grace and delivered me from a moment of humiliation. 

The other day my sweetie had to go into town to get a few things and when he returned he handed me a piece of paper.  The Lord always knows what we need and when we need it.   Not only did the piece of paper touch my life right where I was that day it also hit me in the heart of where I have been challenged so many times before.  The story of how my sweetie obtained this piece of paper made me laugh too.  The paper said this....

ATTITUDE
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.   It is more important than  appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company... a church... a home.  The remarkable thing is  we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.  And so, it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes."  ~Charles Swindoll~

Wow!  Thirteen years ago I had a moment of a time when I was given a choice of attitude and God saved me by His grace.   I have great news He saves us by grace everyday!!  You do not have to be in a perfect mood everyday and God will still never leave your side.  When you have a melt down He will pick you up.  When you feel weak He will give you strength.  Our gracious Lord also gives you the FREEDOM to choose even if you do not choose Him.  How great is that.  The truest kind of love that we will ever experience.   Let me leave you with this today....  What choices have you been making?  What kind of attitude has been molding your character?  Have you chosen Christ?

1 Timothy 1:14
The grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant.

Transforming your life... the secret to successful living!!!!
Stacy Rae

Stacy Rae Tyren RN BSN
Health & Wellness Consultant
Assisting Individuals & Families in Wellness in Today's Economy!



No comments: